Creating a new website or niche page is very time consuming, takes a lot of effort and also money. It can be much better to put money in your hand and buy a ready-made website.
There are millions of websites that are accessible on the internet but have long been abandoned by the operators. The websites even have visitors and could earn money immediately if they were taken care of.
This is bad for the operators, but good for those who find such dead websites and bring them to life. You need to find these websites and buy them from their current owners.
And this is how you do it:
- Search in a search engine for a term that is relevant to your topic. The more specific the term, the better.
- Visit all the search results and look at the websites to see when the last content was published.
- If a site hasn't had content in months or years, make note of the domain and keep searching.
- Once you have about 10 hits, compare all the websites you could find and make sure the operator is a person and not a company.
- Judge all the websites by their design and structure. Ideally, you'll buy the website directly with the underlying system (WordPress, Drupal, etc.). If the website is built with a builder, you can cross it off the list
- Contact the owner and ask whether he or she is interested in selling the website, and inquire about the price and the number of visitors per month.
- In many cases you will receive a reply with a suggested price. If the price is under 1,000 dollars, in many cases you will make a good deal, but it depends on the number of visitors and the content of the website.
Many websites can be bought for as little as 500 dollars or less. However, there's always a risk that you won't get that expense in if the site simply has a bad theme or can't be developed or monetized well.
The more quality content and monthly visitors a site has, the higher the chances you'll recoup the purchase price quickly. Otherwise, you'll have to put a lot of work into the site to eventually make it profitable.