Google Chrome is a fast and powerful browser with very good website compatibility. It is the most popular browser for browsing the web. Unfortunately, Chrome belongs to Google and quite a few users worry about their privacy when using this browser.
The following alternatives to Google Chrome are worth a look:
- Firefox – the developers of Firefox promise that they do everything they can to protect the privacy of their users. Also, Firefox is exceedingly fast and has all the features you need for a good browsing experience.
- Brave – this is a browser based on the same technical foundation as Google's browser, with the difference that Brave puts a great emphasis on privacy.
- Opera – although Opera has since been extensively redesigned and even offers a free VPN feature to surf the web more securely, it is still fundamentally based on Google's Chrome browser.
- Microsoft Edge – this Microsoft-owned browser also uses Chrome technologies. The software is constantly being improved and gets a lot of useful features. It is pre-installed on the Windows operating system.
- Apple Safari – Apple's browser should not be missing from this list either. It is a modern browser with all the important features and good website compatibility, unfortunately, this browser can be used exclusively on the Apple devices.
I use Google Chrome only for complex web applications, because this browser is the most powerful on the market and has very good compatibility. For all other tasks, I use Firefox, and sometimes Brave. I especially like Opera because it has a free VPN integrated.